Overview / Design Principle:
The method of coupling rotational input to an encoder is an important consideration.
Excessive shaft loading and poor environmental isolation are the leading causes of encoder failure and operational errors.
Even the most carefully designed machinery will produce shaft forces due to inherent thrusts, and eccentricities. Since encoder shafts and bearings must be engineered to have very restricted axial and radial play, using a Dynapar brand CPL Series coupling affords maximum protection against these common hazards.
A unique 3-beam design divides the coupling's helix into three segments. This feature maintains transfer accuracy by restricting windup during torque, yet retains full protective flexibility.
In addition to controlling mechanical shaft and bearing loads, the coupling further protects the encoder by providing a high degree of electrical and thermal isolation between coupled shafts. This is accomplished with a phenolic insulator-insert that blocks passage of potentially damaging heat, electrical currents and static charges.
Each CPL Series coupling is supplied with two insulator-inserts (three for metric models) that allow it to fit standard shaft diameters (see Models table, Secondary Bore).
Attachment at both ends is via integral 360° clamps that firmly grip the encoder shaft and input shaft, remaining slip-free to the rated torque of the coupling.
The Dynapar Advantage:
- Innovative, high quality leading edge technology encoder products
- Broad commercial - industrial grade product line
- Fast 3 Day Delivery and customized built to order solutions available
- Global Manufacturing & Service Support
- Fast-Friendly Customer Service & Technical Support with Multi-Lingual Capabilities
- Global Network of Authorized Resellers
- Competitive Product Warranty: 2 Years