Overview / Design Principle:
The NorthStar brand Series HSD35 Sealed Hollowshaft encoder is designed for easy installation on motor or machine shafts. Its hollowshaft design eliminates the need for a flexible shaft coupling, mounting bracket, flower pot, or flange adapter. This not only reduces the installation depth, but also lowers total cost.
The Series HSD35 Sealed Hollowshaft is equipped withan unbreakable disk that resists contamination and meets the demands of the most severe shock and vibration generating processes. Its floating shaft mount and spring tether eliminate bearing loads and flexible shaft couplings to eliminate wear and maintenance.
Series HSD35 optical encoders have complete electrical protection from overvoltage, reverse voltage, and output short circuits. In addition, the Series HSD35 is not only electrically & thermally isolated, but also environmentally sealed withshaft seals at both sides.
Features and Benefits:
- Unbreakable code disks for 1 to 2048 PPR
- Flexible mounting
- Minimizes bearng loads
- Heavy duty shaft seals; optional extra heavy duty rugged shaft seals
- Sealed connector - no soldering
- Insulated from motor housing/shaft temperatures at or above 125°C
- Direct shaft size minimizes wobble caused by universal inserts
- Overvoltage, reverse voltage, & output short circuit protection
- Noise immunity to EN50082-2
- Bore is electrically isolated from shaft currents
- Cast housing maximizes noise immunity and durability